Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Who are you?

Although I've been writing and posting to this blog since October 15th, I'm never exactly sure who is following along and reading each day. There are a few family members who read every single post and send me an email with encouraging short notes. I always appreciate any words of wisdom, when others take the time to drop me a line. Every once in a while, someone will actually comment directly on the post of the day, and those brief messages are also most welcome.

My travel blog from September was very popular with the folks over on my favorite travel website, Cruise Critic. During the trip, and since we have returned, there have been 12,719 page views to date. The cruise loving community is always hungry for photos and commentary on a travel blog, I read them myself whenever I am lucky enough to stumble across an interesting one. It is something I intend to do in the future, although I will incorporate it into my daily blog, without starting something new. One is more than enough for me to keep track of right now.

In less than two months, my "Paradise" blog has had 2,793 page views, and again a large majority of those are from the folks who followed the posts from my recent solo trip. I love sharing any relevant travel info with like-minded cruise lovers, however, they specifically search for ship information and the remainder of my posts hold absolutely no interest for them. As well it should be, there is certainly a little something for everyone. Similarly, I'm sure most family members would prefer to skip right over the travel stuff...who really wants to hear about yet another one of our cruise adventures???

That being said, I thought it might be interesting for all of you to see, other than yourself, who else has been following along these last few months, on either my travel blog, my daily rambling....or perhaps just some friends or family that recently found a link and hopped on board this bumpy little train ride through my adventures in Paradise!

In no particular order...


Roger, the man who watches me write each day and then actually reads it all--love you honey


Stacey, my sweet daughter who would probably prefer that I skip over the years when she was potty training...you just never know WHAT I'm going to write about :)


My dear mother-in-law, Barbara, who always offers daily words of encouragement


Teri, my sister-in-law who has known me longer than just about anyone


Justine, my younger sister....in the early years, it was just her and I against our four brothers....we certainly survived those stacked odds


Tammy, a high school friend, I connected with through Facebook, who writes her own delightful blog


Ellen, the woman I spend 8 hours a day with and her husband Bruce, who both followed along on our Mediterranean adventure--we spend our days laughing, a LOT


Taryn, my sweet and lovely daughter-in-law, a gifted professional writer, just one talent among many others that she shares with the rest of the world


My always hilarious cousin, Eileen, who is raising two beautiful little girls


Nancy, my movie buddy who works harder than anyone I know--time to schedule another one!


Martha, a very dear lady and Taryn's mother--looking forward to seeing you in June :)


Chandru, our Captains Club host and travel companion in Rome--see you in 3 days!!!


Sabina, my dear friend and fellow cruiser enthusiast whom I miss very much, since she recently moved to Turkey--happy to say she is back in town for the holidays-YAY!


Mark, my brother's best friend in high school who I recently re-connected with through Facebook


Lynn, a fellow cruiser who was also on our recent mediterranean trip on Celebrity Century


My energizer-bunny sister-in-law, Trisha, who along with my brother, is introducing her children to the world of travel, one state at a time


Amy, a sweet first time mother, who has the most adorable little boy


My loving mother, Josephine, who still travels as much as we do and never seems to slow down....go Mom!!!


My cousin, Rich, who we always knew would go far in whatever field he chose to pursue


My husband's Aunt Rosalie, who enjoys hearing me "speak" through my blog


Lisa, a sweet lady and fellow cruise-addict I met on my recent solo cruise--we laughed and we ate and we ate and we laughed :)


Gillian, first time cruiser who graciously braved the ocean as a solo traveler on the Celebrity Century, as one of the cruise critic members

If I've overlooked anyone I apologize, it certainly wasn't my intent to leave anyone out. If you do read and would like to be added to the group, just drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you. If you would prefer to remain anonymous...I completely understand. And if you intended to read along incognito and I've blown your cover...ooops, I'm sorry!

I am very pleased to know that my blog has reached out to so many people, whether family or friend, acquaintance or stranger...if I've offered even the smallest bit of help in any way, I'm grateful to have been able to assist.

As I've mentioned before, and it bears repeating, I truly appreciate all the words of encouragement you have been kind enough to send my way. If not for a few folks in the above list, and you know who you are....I may never have continued writing after we returned home from our trip. This truly is a form of therapy for me, at the end of the day, I leave work behind and find myself melting into the couch as I pull out my IPad each night to write. Yes, I am long winded (you were warned in the beginning), and yes some parts of the blog are nonsense...however, this is my life.....with memories worth recalling and pictures that warm my heart no matter how many times I've looked at them. Some folks have referred to this as my memoirs and if that is to be the case, then I couldn't be more pleased to leave a bit of our family history for generations to come. I am lucky enough to have copies of all four branches of my children's detailed ancestry going back for decades, if I can add a detailed account of their most recent lineage, I am very happy to do so.

Thanks again for visiting my blog and reading my words....you've known all along who I am...now you can see who you are :)

No comments: