Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nothing betta than being in Boston with my Baby Girl

In mid October, I decided to plan a quick weekend visit to Boston to spend some time with Stacey. We quickly compared our busy calendars, and found that the beginning of December worked good for both of us. On a whim, I contacted my sister, Justine, to see if perhaps she had a free day to travel north to Boston and meet me while I was in town. Additionally, we checked with my Mom to find out if her year end schedule was open on the same day...and somehow, low and behold, the planets were aligned and it turned into a full fledged Mother-Daughter day. It usually takes months of planning, the rearranging of commitments and plenty of advance notice for something like this to actually happen....who really knows how we all got so lucky at such a busy time of the year.


Getting bundled up for my first trip ever to a doggy park--quite the experience!!!

My flight was perfect, the weather cooperated, Justine and Mom's drive to Massachusetts was uneventful and we all had an absolutely great day together. Our time this weekend was made extra special, as the ladies all gathered for the first time since Stacey and Scott had announced their engagement. It was so nice to discuss their wedding plans and fill everyone in on the weekend that they have arranged for all of their invited guests. Of course, everyone traveling to the wedding will be coming from out of town, including the bride and groom themselves. Without going into much detail, I am more than pleased to say that this couple has everything completely under control, and they need very little assistance from any of us. They have been hosting family and friends for many years, and I have absolute confidence that this event is well within the scope of their planning ability and entertaining expertise. I look forward to both of our families and their good friends gathering together for their Labor Day wedding celebration.


Otis knows the best seat in the house is always close to his Mommy.

Saturday morning, Stacey introduced me to her world of doggie parks. Being a cat person, the concept of a park specifically designed for dogs, was such an abstract idea. I was totally impressed and quite happy to know that my grand puppy has a safe fun place to run with his buddies each day.

It had been previously arranged that we would pick up Mom and Justine at the "T" station. After a quick lunch back at Stacey and Scott's house, we all decided to bundle up against the cold temps and head downtown to check out the Christmas market and all the decorations. A bit of holiday shopping, some hot chocolate and a few pictures taken by the tree, we were more than ready to relax back indoors, where it was warm, and enjoy a delicious meal. Anyone one see a pattern here??? Eating seems to be a very popular theme for me and also for those members of my family! Next stop, Cheesecake Factory...yummy!


The four of us doing our best to stay warm while popping in and out of the shops


The festive mood is enhanced by the lights as the sun disappears


This is what happens when you hand a stranger your camera....we turned into tiny dots in a picture...I promise you that really is us....better luck next time


Once inside, I was impressed with the oversized decorations in the mall

Later in the evening, after filling our poor tummies to the limit, we traveled home to check on Otis, then said our goodbyes as Justine and Mom made their way back to Rhode Island. As always, we had a great visit, if only for a short time.


Let the eating begin...


We chose 4 appetizers and shared each dish...we couldn't even finish all of it--chicken sliders


Avocado egg rolls--these go down very smooth


One of my favorites--very messy but finger licking good--Thai lettuce wraps


I always order these vietnamese shrimp spring rolls


And we always save the best for last--Godiva chocolate cheesecake


These ladies know how to clean their plates...gotta save room for the good stuff

Stacey and I had another full day on Sunday, before I would be returning home on an early evening flight. A pleasant afternoon ride to Ipswich to enjoy some hot homemade clam chowder, shop for a wreath and I even found my own little miniature tree (please keep your fingers crossed that I can keep this evergreen alive).


Poor little thing probably has no chance...I'm so sad when they don't survive :(

As the temps dropped even lower, we saw a few snow flakes drifting by in the breeze. That was enough of the white stuff for me, thank you very much...once every 10 years is a pretty good average, dontcha think???


A few wisps of snow were falling at the time....it was soooo cold

A few hours later, we were browsing online for wedding dresses, as my weekend with Stacey was soon coming to an end. Poor Scott was not feeling well, and spent most of the remainder of the day resting. Otis kept us company until it was time to zip up my suitcase, head back to Logan airport, and say goodbye to my baby girl.


Keeping warm in her fuzzy new bathrobe her mommy bought to help take the chill off her early morning trips through the kitchen to let Otis out for his first "potty run" to the backyard

I love knowing that a quick 3 hour plane ride is all it takes to see her smiling face and get a great big hug. I totally enjoyed spending time with her and Otis, the newest member of our family. She and Scott are so dedicated to making rational and sensible choices in raising that growing boy (I really have to stop calling him little--he's simply NOT small anymore!!!). Although he is now larger than the average puppy, he still has the energy and enthusiasm he had when they first brought him home. I look forward to many more weekends with my baby and her baby...no matter how big or how much older our children get, they will always be our babies!!!


I've snuggled in bed with her since the minute she was born...there's nothing betta than being with my baby :)


And she taught her own baby well....he likes to snuggle and give kisses too!

No comments: