Saturday, November 20, 2010

No snoozing around here

Some of us were getting together later in the afternoon for a formal tea in the Murano restaurant...lots of giggly ladies sipping champagne, munching on petite sandwiches, little sweet treats, and of course scones with clotted cream and our individual pots of hand picked tea. It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon, but it was time to think about a few minutes of rest before the full night ahead of us.


My peeps...we kept each other laughing...of course champagne at 2:30 helped contribute to the smile on my face...you do remember that I'm not "much" of a drinker...except when I find myself on board a ship....not quite sure how that happens?!?


Let the drinking begin....seriously..I only had two drinks between this moment and midnight...I was pretty confident I'd have no problem finding my way back to the cabin at the end of the day



Interesting combination--chai tea and French champagne--it all went down very smooth


Sweet, rich fudgey goodness....I'll have another please?!?

We all met in the martini bar at 6:30, before heading into a 7pm show in the theater, followed by a dash up to Sky Lounge to meet the Captain, then on to dinner at 8:30 and finally the dance party in the atrium. Remind me again about how much relaxing I was planning to do on this trip????


See...I'm still upright...but then I had to walk all the way to the theater without spilling a drop...not always easy in 3 inch heels on a moving ship...but I somehow managed to struggle on through..the sacrifices we make on a day to day basis...putting in my application for a gold medal in the walking/talking/drinking competition...think I gotta chance?



Lamb shank first night and then rack of lamb second night....reminds me of another menu...guess I'll just have to tough it out....oh so delicious

It was a great night, and here I am this morning trying to grab a quick shot of the sun coming up over the horizon as we pull into Nassau for the day. I don't have plans to get off the ship, this port is one I've seen many times and window shopping is not really on the agenda during my cruise. As a matter of a fact, although I've strolled by all the shops on the ship, I have yet to cross the threshold into even one of them. I'm thinking I need to remedy that little situation before the day is over...I know it's a big sacrifice to take time away from my previously scheduled itinerary, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! Who am I kidding...I don't have anything mapped out for the day...but I do hear a padded lounger calling out my name.


Good morning Nassau, hello Atlantis


Joanne...Joanne....where are you??? I can just here it calling out to me

I've been getting plenty of sleep the last two nights, and even though I'm sad to think that tomorrow, I will be saying goodbye to this incredible ship...I smile to myself (who am I kidding--I walk around with a huge grin on my face all day), as I daydream about returning in January for a full seven days with Roger to celebrate his 54th birthday and our 33rd anniversary. That being said...I've only got 24 hours left to enjoy the remainder of this cruise....so I have to keep reminding myself....no snoozing allowed!!!


No comments: