Saturday, November 27, 2010

The legacy he left for all of us

In no particular order....my Father through the years...


Dad, Jim and me


Dad and his crew--Jack, Joanne, Jim, Jerry, Justine and Jeff


Dad, Justine, Jeff and Jerry


Dad and his crew in our backyard pool--Ledyard


Dad and his crew, with a neighbor kid thrown in for good measure...what's one more?


Dad and his Mother


Mom and Dad


Dad, Justine, Jeff and me (love the swim cap)


Dad, Justine, Jim, Jerry and Jeff


Mom, Dad, Jim and me--what a lovely little child I was!


Dad and Jack--Ledyard


Dad and Pat--he was never one to miss an opportunity to show off


Dad and John--his namesake grandson--Groton


When Stacey was born, my parents traveled to Germany to welcome their 1st grandchild into the family and to celebrate my 20th birthday


Dad cooking up a storm


He encouraged us to use our minds, even when playing a game


Unlike both my parents, I never found it within me to get up on stage-- behind the scenes with Dad and part of the paint crew


Dad and Brian--1st communion--Niantic


Mom, Dad and Pat--my parents remained friends after he remarried


Dad, Stacey and Brian--Stacey's college graduation--Westbrook--2001


Our last Thanksgiving with my Father--2002


Dad and Stacey-very proud grandpa--1979


Dad, Stacey and me--his 60th birthday party--Old Lyme--1994


Walking me down the aisle--1978


A cigar I brought from Washington DC in 8th grade--he promised to smoke it on my wedding day


Stacey, Justine, Dad and me--home for the holidays--1983


Pat and Dad--Justine's wedding--New London


Dad and me--Christmas Brunch at my house--he was always everyone's Santa


Dad and his boys


Dad, Jeff and Justine--Jim on the floor


Dad--growing up in Brooklyn, NY


Mom and Dad dating--Josephine Grado & John Joseph


Dad (white trunks) and friend--lifeguard duty


Stacey, Roger, Brian and me--Oct 2003--CT


The last time I saw my father before he passed away Oct 2003--Groton


Each year he would send a card with a note for my birthday...I treasure the sentiment and his final written words to me

No comments: