Thursday, January 6, 2011

How may I help you?


While it's certainly my goal to avoid beating a dead horse, work has pretty much consumed my every waking moment this entire week, and will continue to do so for a very large portion of next week. That being said, I have no extraneous energy, nor thoughts in my head that do not resemble a product of the office environment that I spend most of my lucid hours in...so there it is. It may be this type of blog about work or nothing...and sometimes, unfortunately....it will be zippo!

I'm very pleased to report that my time killing trees has slowed back down to a normal pace...the rain forests of the world are safe for the time being from this "copy happy" litigation team. Instead, we now spend most of the time playing 20 questions...or is it 30...or maybe even 40??? Ok that's just silly...I'm asking myself a question about asking questions???

Most days, I field inquiries, ask my own set of questions, respond to other employees and outside vendors via email, phone, fax and of course, in person. I love to talk and enjoy interacting with other individuals so this has always been a pleasant aspect of a normal 8 hour work day. There are however, some times when the extreme limit is reached, long before I call it a day, and find myself on the way back home.

Today felt like a 50 question day, or maybe I just lost count somewhere along the way...here are a sampling of those that were asked and answered...

Kristen, can you provide me with the exhibits from our deposition transcript which appear to be missing?
Vinnie in NJ, was asked if it's possible to get the labels delivered overnight?
Dawn in Naples, was asked if there is availability for yet another hotel room?
Laura, can we reschedule today's lunch?
Barbara, do you have another day available for lunch beyond next week?
Brad, did you receive your reservation confirmation?
Lori asked if we could please use this credit card number for the reservation?
Will you please add Brendan to the reservation?
Patti in Coral Gables requested location confirmation of the depositions
Mary in Ft. Lauderdale, requested dates for depositions
Christine..did you get the docs she sent?
Please change Brendan's reservation to one night
Barbara, I used the last boxes, how soon before we can get more?
Does our rolling cart work for all these boxes?
Barbara is requesting a finalized version of the monthly report
Can we get an exhibit chart that looks like this?
You know those boxes you have stored by the cubicle…do you think you could move all 12 of them right now?
Will the subpoenas arrive today?
How should I include the video?
Ron in Melbourne wanted to know where his packet was and while he is trying to get service on the husband, can he serve the wife instead?
How much credit do we get for taking our health assessment?
Any chance we can update one of those hotel rooms to a suite?
Why are the color photos missing?
Are you a customer of ours?
When are you going to Milwaukee?
Do we have a confirmed date for mediation?
Which version of the DIAR do you have?
Will there be anything else?
This binder mechanism is awful, can I get another one?
Is the view from my room any different?
Do they have a gym?
Is that machine broken again?
Is there a room at the hotel we can all meet after being in court all day?
WHAT TIME…WHERE…WHO…WHICH ROOM (asked and answered more times than I care to mention)
Can we make the witness files different colors?
Which documents are going into the trial binder?
Which dates are those witnesses appearing?
Do you want me to email the subpoena?
When are the enlargements coming back from the printer?
Why isn't the expert report included?
Is there a copy for the clerk?
Who is marking the exhibits?
Can you please send me an email with the Word version?
Which one of you is covering the depo?
I've left a message, did she put me into the wrong voicemail?
What do you want on that?
Is the telephone conference delayed?
Is she going to accept service by email?
Can you swap out the color version for the b&w one?
How many binders do we have?
What is this Fed-ex email about?
Before you go...can you get me the....?

If by any chance you are wondering...the answer is yes, I will be working Saturday this week, so that I can get some of my "regular" work done. And I've already warned the two attorneys on my team, that if they are also in the office that day...they are NOT allowed to ask me any questions!!!


2 comments:

Nancy Llama said...

Hang in there love - just remember where you will be the week after next!

Unknown said...

It's better than the last January 6th...... Is it our anniversary yet? Oops another question:) xo