Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 7

One final lazy and breezy morning on the balcony...Rog slept through all my photo sessions :)


Last sea day morning for breakfast I finally decided to visit the Oceanview Cafe, then I was bound and determined to relax most of the day.




Yes, there is a lawn on this ship, and it appears it's that time of the year when they "replant"





Clearly, not much growth is allowed...dirt level seems a bit low...interesting









Wow, they even have "garage" for the lawn tools

I'm not fond of coming home from vacation so exhausted that I need time to recuperate before resuming my normal work schedule. That being said, I found a cozy cocoon chair in the solarium and spent the entire morning napping, reading and munching on the delicious muffins in the Aqua Spa Cafe. Rog decided to attend the bridge tour around 9:30, than I joined him for the engine control room tour around 12:30. I was back upstairs to grab a quick plate of wings, then it was time to get changed for the Captain's Club reception in the Sky Lounge at 1:30. Next up, Elegant Tea which is served at 2:30 in Murano on the last sea day. A couple ladies from our CC roll call joined me for a lovely afternoon tea and a nice glass of champagne. We all thoroughly enjoyed listening to the soothing string quartet while indulging in a never ending procession of sweet and savory treats, served by the white gloved wait staff.







My Champagne and
High Tea friends







Our view from the lounger in the Solarium

As you can see from the back-to-back afternoon schedule, it was probably a smart move on my part to lay low and rest during most of the morning. While I was out of the cabin at tea, hubby started his packing...something we both always dread doing at the end of each cruise.

I had one more scrap booking session to attend at 4:45, then it was time for our final dinner in Blu. Over the course of the last week, we had some exceptional meals in this venue, it will be very difficult for us to eat in the MDR again after such a wonderful experience. Aside from the obvious delicious food options, we loved how quiet and calm the entire setting is, away from the crowded dining room. Arriving at just about anytime in the evening, having my husband's meal requests honored and meeting a new couple at each meal, suited our needs perfectly. I must say that my favorite dishes were the lobster appetizer, soft shell crab appetizer, lobster tail entree and blackened tuna entree served with forbidden rice. My hubby and I are not "meat and potatoes" folks, so the menu options appealed to us on every level. I only heard great comments regarding the food from everyone else we spoke to during the week. The service was top notch across the board, as it is in all eating venues.

After having missed a few shows during the week, we were set on heading to the theater early enough to get a seat. I've never seen such a large group of passengers filling the audience to capacity, long before the shows were scheduled to start. Karen Grainger was part of the final show, she sang a few songs in her own voice rather than impersonating other entertainers. Her surprise duet with Paul Banya brought the entire audience out of their seats for a standing ovation.

Before saying our goodnights, we stopped to indulge in a bit more of the gelato. The deserts in Blu are very light and I had no problem supplementing my sweet tooth even that late in the evening.

We completed our packing, had the suitcases out in the hallway by 11pm. We made plans to have our final breakfast in Blu, then wait until we could no longer put off the inevitable debarkation process. We spent a couple minutes walking through customs, then we were in a taxi on our way to pick up the car.

It's 10:30 and I'm feeling the need for another morning nap as hubby drives north on 95 towards home. The weather is drizzly and overcast, with temps inching their way to the 70's, but neither of us mind as we both hold on to the afterglow of a wonderful week of memories cruising on board Celebrity Eclipse.



No comments: